Friday, January 14, 2011

It is now "soon"

Highlands Ranch real estate
For the past couple of years, my website has had a big ol’ “Gone Fishing” sign hanging on it. When I let my license go inactive, I would have just closed it down all together except that the domain hosts were also taking care of my email servers, and I just didn’t want to figure that out, too. So I just left it there, awaiting the day I would come back and dust the place off, getting it ready for another go-round.

So here I am. When last I looked at the old site, there was not much more than a cryptic message that “big changes were coming soon.” Well, “soon” has arrived (finally), and I’ve spent quite a bit of time over the last couple of days sprucing up the place. I know a serious internet marketer would be appalled that I am using a template site, but I have reasons, so I’m sticking with it. Flash site or not, it was a conscious decision to stay where I am – for now.

In honor of basically restarting my career, I’ve thrown a new template on the site. In general, I like the layout and appearance, but I can’t help but wonder what the developer was thinking with the little fairy bubble that floats around. Another case of "just because we can doesn’t mean we should." Unfortunately, I can’t make it go away. It’s part of the code that I don’t have access to. I know, I know, that’s “proof positive” that I shouldn’t be using a template site, but I look at it as an annoyance rather than a deal-breaker. I like the look of the rest, so far; we’ll just pretend it’s the spirit of the website, OK?

I’ve also been adding a few things that folks might find useful and/or interesting. My new company, Equity Colorado, provides me with a newsletter service. Once a month, a new edition is put out, and I will be uploading them to the site, ready for anyone who desires to download and enjoy. I’ve added a few back editions, also, and I’ll be adding more as time goes by and I find a few free minutes. If you follow me on twitter or facebook, you’ll know when the new editions are ready.

A really big addition to the site will be the financing calculators. I’ll be adding those as I go. Each one is worthy of a blog post, so I’ll be doing a series on them, too. These calculators are a handy way to help with the decision process when buying and selling real estate. Some will mainly be of interest to buyers, some to sellers, and some to buyers and sellers both. There will eventually be some just for analyzing real estate as an investment. I’ll let you know when new ones are added.

Go take a look at the “new” site. It’s still a work in progress, and always will be. It’s just one of the resources I have available for your use. Definitely let me know if you want to see something else added, and I’ll look for way to get it there.

The best performance improvement is the transition from the nonworking state to the working state. ~J. Osterhout

No comments:

Post a Comment